Monday, March 4, 10 a.m.
Let the People Vote! Texas Rally for Medicaid Expansion – South Steps of the Capitol
Want to volunteer on Monday? Sign up here >>>
Want to help make posters on Sunday afternoon? Info here >>>
On Monday we’ll deliver a message that Texans are DONE waiting on state leaders who have refused for SIX YEARS to expand Medicaid.
It’s time for state leaders to get out of the way and give Texans the chance to vote on expanding Medicaid.
Why is this important?
- Texas has the highest number and rate of uninsured people of any state in the country
- Nearly 11% of Texas children are uninsured
- We’re one of only 14 states that hasn’t accepted Medicaid expansion
- Medicaid expansion could help 1 million uninsured Texans get health coverage
- Two-thirds of Texans want the state to expand Medicaid
Another hearing of interest is House Elections at 9 a.m.